Welcome back to the studio!
We’re delighted to have our doors open and welcome you in.
The Coronavirus crisis is a long way from being over, so we value your support more than ever as we continue moving forwards. But our doors are open and our hearts are as passionate as ever! We cannot wait to help you move your bodies again on our Classical apparatus – the Towers, Reformers, barrels and chairs etc
Please note in line with government guidelines of Hertfordshire Tier 3, all group fitness Mat classes will be online only. 1:1’s are also available online if you wish.
You can now choose from so many more ways to come to the Pod! CLICK HERE
- STUDIO CLASS OR PT MEMBERSHIPS- FOR USE IN STUDIO ONLY
- VIRTUAL CLASS MEMBERSHIPS- FOR USE ONLINE ONLY
- HYBRID MEMBERSHIP- GET BOTH VIRTUAL AND STUDIO SESSIONS
Studio Sessions available
We are pleased to offer you a fully comprehensive Pilates experience in a 1:1 or Duet 1:12 setting at the studio.
We also offer Semi Private Shared training sessions for up to 4 people in a socially distanced and COVID secure safeguarding setting. These are Semi Private Apparatus and Mat sessions that offer the authentic experience of what Pilates is about. You will workout on the Reformer and the Mat, with the exercises you have been taught and be responsible for learning your own order of exercises on both, depending on your ability, goals and individual issues. The teacher will then direct you to other apparatus for what you individually need, moving around in a clockwise way and wearing masks. You will clean down apparatus after each use before moving on.
These Semi Private sessions are like personal training but shared cost and teachers time and attention. You commit to your learning, we commit to helping you get the best out of yourself, and for your Pilates practice. These are not group led, general fitness classes.
Please do take advantage of the packages available for 1:1 first if you are not experienced using the apparatus. Then move into these sessions to continue your learning. This is the perfect way to really learn multiple pieces of apparatus and how to execute the exercise on them. Pilates after all is a practice and a discipline that progresses. We aren’t about the performance and just doing a list of exercises.
There are a few other changes.
Post Covid19 lockdown, we are a ‘hands off’ teaching studio to help maintain social distancing policies.
Therefore, to keep you and our team safe you must agree to the following points before you can enter the studio each time you attend. If your personal situation changes one week, please change to an online class.
Please copy and paste the 5 points below and email it to us to confirm your acceptance and liability waiver. You will not be able to attend the studio unless you have done so.
- I am able to manage my own body safely and operate the apparatus unaided with control.
If you have mobility issues, neurological or strength/stability issues that mean you need our help getting on or off the apparatus for some exercises, you will need to participate in online classes. If there are 1 or 2 exercises you struggle with without our help but you can manage your body safety and the apparatus control otherwise, please just leave those exercises out.
- I am not at high or moderate risk from Coronavirus (COVID-19) or shielding
Please refer to the NHS guidelines to check if this applies to you: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/
- I am in good health and am not currently showing any symptoms of COVID-19. To the best of my knowledge, I have not been in close contact with others diagnosed with COVID-19 and I have not recently been contacted through NHS Test and Trace.
If any of these are a ‘yes’ please make sure you have read and complied with the NHS guidelines and cancel your sessions at the studio. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/
- I have not visited any country inside the last 14 days that require self isolation on return.
- I agree that The Pilates Pod Ltd have taken all reasonable steps to implement strict social distancing and sterilisation measures to protect the public and members of staff against the risk of infection from COVID-19. I understand that I am attending the studio at my own risk and that The Pilates Pod Ltd accept no responsibility in the event of any client unfortunately contracting COVID-19 having attended The Pilates Pod. I will wear a face covering when entering the building and into the reception, but I can remove it to enter the studio for exercise. This is a legal requirement as of 31/7/20
Other important things you need to know…
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Buzz us from outside as normal, and following social distancing until we let you in. We may not answer the door if you are too early for your own safeguarding to limit contact with others.
- Please arrive for your session ready in your workout gear where possible and with a water bottle pre filled. Limit all other items. All personal belongings must fit into one standard shopping bag and go into one locker only.
- Toilets are limited to one in one out.
- A mask must be worn when in the building, reception and into the studio. It will be removed as you begin to workout and should be placed upon your persons (we recommend tucked inside your top or trousers. You will mask up again as you move apparatus. This is a legal requirement as of 31/7/20 to wear one in close proximity in shared areas. The World Health Organisation do not recommend face masks are worn while exercising because it could reduce the ability to breathe comfortably, However, it’s everyone’s own choice to decide if they want to wear a mask while exercising. If you need to wear a mask for health reasons, you should not be in the studio and we advise you to do online classes.
- Teachers will not be wearing masks to teach but will be maintaining social distancing 2m and will be hands off. If we need to step in for safety urgency, we shall wear face covering first. We all will be wearing our bandana face masks at all times around our necks so we have them to hand very quickly and will be used in shared areas of reception.
- Please respect social distancing inside the building as the building in co-shared with other businesses.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
- Please wait outside the studio until invited in by your teacher. Put all your belongings ready into one bag including shoes. Please do not leave your belongings outside the reception door or on reception floor. Clean socks must be worn at all times. We recommend purchasing our one size grip socks.
- We ask that you wash your hands thoroughly/use the sanitizing gel located on the wall up the stairs and also outside our room.
- 1 person at a time will be asked to enter reception, put things in the locker. Leave the key in the door and enter the studio with your water bottle to the furthest away station first.
- Those who find it more difficult to get to the floor can use the new Cadillac instead of the Towers so should enter first.
- Windows will be open throughout the session for advisable ventilation.
- Please do not wear zips and jewellery that can scratch our apparatus.
- We recommend you bring your own pre filled water bottle. Water is still available. No other items can be brought into the studio.
- We are a nut free zone due to Michelle’s severe nut allergy. Please ensure you do not bring any nuts into the studio, and always wash your hands if you have been in contact with nuts.
- Classes will now be 45 minutes to allow for more time for post class cleaning, ventilation and to avoid next session attendees arriving as you leave.
- All apparatus will be cleaned down by clients after each use using Super Sani Cloths, as well as the locker and key post exit after the session. Staff will then further clean the studio and the high contact areas. Another deep clean will be done regularly by a cleaning company.
- When you leave, please take your bag with you (clean and use again!) Do not leave bags in the locker.
- Please note there is very little admin now based at the studio, continue to use our email address to contact Bron on reception. Cancellations and bookings can be best managed yourself via the Mind Body app or our website by logging in to your client login area.
- In January 2021, prices will increase by 3%. This is due to significant increase in costs and overheads and lower forced capacity.
OUR REQUEST TO YOU
- Our studio is still significantly impacted by COVID-19, our class capacity is reduced to from 7 to 4 . We are doing our best to come back from all of this and still provide the absolute best in the Pilates method for you. We will be trying to allocate a studio class slot to you where possible and you will be able to still do online classes too, but we cannot fill studio spaces last minute and continue to pay our staff without significantly impacting us even further if we have classes with only 2-3 attendees. Everyone is desperate to get a space, so please do make sure you attend classes or cancel them well in advance if you know you are on holiday. Only classes with 4 people regularly will be able to continue on the timetable.
See you soon!
Michelle, Ed, Clair, Rufina, Dawn, Ellen, Gen and Bron x